Friday, March 18, 2016

exiting vintage fashion exhibition.

 

When I studied Textile year 2 we went to a vintage fashion exhibition and a lecture in a museum in Kristianstad, Skåne, Sweden. The lecture was about iconic fashion designers in the 60's and 70's and then there was an exhibition with a similar theme.

It was about 1,5 year ago, I think, but I want to share it anyway. I'm sorry that the pictures are a little blurry, but they were taken in a hurry with a cellphone. I think there was 50's theme too, but I do not have any pictures of that. Probably because we were kind of in a hurry. From what I remember it is a standing exhibition in a museum in London, so I can probably visit it again some day.

I was so exited to see this. I had never been to a similar exhibition or seen so many interesting vintage things around me before so I was very exited to say the least! Too bad we were in a hurry because I could have spent a lot more time in there, checking every detail & swooning...


This dress... I want it in my wardrobe asap.


Vintage stockings, shoes, false eyelashes and more.


Something that made me extra happy was seeing these Vivienne Westwood knitted pieces from the 70's (to the right). I'm an early punk fan so she and the SEX shop are iconic to me. The start of punk fashion and punk in general.


Too bad I could not get a better picture of that belt and I don't remember the name of the designer... it was quite amazing. Also, those shoes!!! I love 70's platforms.



There was this corner with artsy stuff a la Andy Warhol too. I can't remember much, I did have info about it before, but it was so interesting to see these and read about them. I wish I remembered so I could write more about them. Oh well...


Also, it was my first time seeing a Keith Haring piece in real life! They had an exhibition with lots of artists doing all kinds of things with an Absolut Vodka theme. It was a nice exhibition too.

/ Matilda.

No comments:

Post a Comment